- Product specifications
- Product characteristics
- Installation procedures
Thread repair is worth it with HELICOIL® plus
HELICOIL® plus repair range kits allow easy installation of a new thread in only a few steps.
Too high screw-tightening torque, corrosion or wear – these and other factors cause thread destruction.
HELICOIL® plus thread inserts have been developed in many different designs to repair destroyed threads within a short time. The assembly of wear resistant HELICOIL® thread inserts leads not only to repair but also to an increasement of thread loading.
- Easy and fast installation
- Corrosion and temperature resistant
- Optimization of thread charactaristics
The new thread is only a few steps away:
- As a first step, the defective thread must be drilled out . Now, the new holding thread is cut using a HELICOIL® plus tap drill
- The HELICOIL® plus is assembled with the provided installation mandrel . Now, only the tang is broken with the tang break mandrel and the new HELICOIL® plus thread insert can be inserted.