- Product specifications
- Product characteristics
- Installation procedures
Manufactured from high quality chromium nickel stainless steel, PowerCoil Wire Thread Inserts provide high strength internal threads that resist the effects of temperature and corrosion. Their unique design ensures superior threads whose compound performance cannot be reproduced by any other single fastening method. Available in two basic forms, free running or screw locking, they are much lighter and less expensive than any other equivalent type of thread insert and because of their compact size they can generally be incorporated into existing designs where no previous provision has been made.
The Powercoil Wire Thread Insert System includes a complete range of:
- Free Running, Screw Locking, Strip Feed Inserts
- Over 140 Thread Repair Kits
- STI Hand & Machine Taps
- Manual & Automatic Installation Tools, Tang Break Tools
- Thread Gauges & Removal Tools
Powercoil Screw Thread Inserts:
- Increase quality and performance whilst reducing overall product cost.
- Create internal threads in which wear due to thread friction is virtually eliminated. Useful in applications where repeated assembly & disassembly is required.
- Protect tapped threads against failures due to stripping, seizing, corrosion and wear.
- Create internal threads with greatly improved distribution of residual stress loading.
- Compensate for pitch and flank angle errors.
- Can generally be introduced into existing designs where no previous provision has been made.
- Make it possible to use thinner sections or lighter parent materials without sacrificing thread strength.
- Video 1