- Product specifications
- Product characteristics
- Installation procedures
• Solid bushing utilising locking keys provides positive mechanical
lock against rotation
• High strength and reliabilty provides maximum pullout strength
• Installed using standard drills and taps
• Simple installation – no special skills required
• Suitable for use in a wide range of parent materials
• Impossible to cross thread during installation
• Simple removal process if required
• No tang to break and remove
• Available in metric sizes, inch sizes and spark plug sizes
• Available in Thinwall and Heavy Duty
Loksert solid keylocking inserts are an easily installed thread assembly that is ideal for replacing damaged or worn threads in virtually any material – ferrous, non-ferrous and non-metallic. They are constructed from high quality carbon steel or extremely hardwaring stainless steel. One piece loksert inserts are supplied with the dove-tailed locking keys pre-assembled. The pre-positioned keys automatically position the insert at the correct depth below the surface of the parent material. Lokserts are suitable for repairing and creating threads in a wide range of applications including forgings and castings and are especially suited to situations that experience heavy wear and vibration – such as mining, construction and eathmoving equipment.
- Drill – with standard drill
- Countersink – with cone countersink (80° – 100°)
- Thread – with standard tap
- Screw in – by hand or with installation tool (see installation data pages B-1 to B-4)
- Lock in Place – drive the kees into place by hand or in a press with the appropriate
- installation tool.
- Drill out material between keys and internal thread with standard drill to specified depth (refer to charts for proper dimensions).
- Deflect keys inward and break off.
- Remove insert using an E-Z OUT or similar type tool.
- Same size replacement insert may be installed in the original hole.
- Video 1